If you have moved into a new place you want to make sure you take a good look around to make sure you don't see any signs of pest infestations. Look in cupboards and drawers for signs of bugs and/or their droppings, check along baseboards and windowsills for these same things. Check in the attic and closets for signs of rodent nests or their droppings. If you find issues, get pest control out to get rid of problems before moving your things in. If you don't find issues, then follow the advice below to make sure you continue to enjoy a pest free home.
Sign up for regular pest control services
The number one best thing that you can do to keep your new home pest-free is to get signed up with a pest control company who will come out to your home every few months to spray the inside and the outside. The outside perimeter is sprayed as a defense for pests crossing through your yard making their way toward the home. The inside is sprayed to take care of any pests already in your home, pests that are accidentally brought into your home, or any pests that somehow come in the home despite the exterior border.
Do not bring pests in yourself
You may be thinking, "Fine, there is no way of doing that!" However, the truth is many people bring in their own pest problems daily and don't even realize it. In fact, when they end up realizing they have an infestation, many of them still won't realize they brought it on. To avoid bringing in your own pest issues, you want to follow a few simple rules:
- Don't bring used items inside before checking them outside with pest spray on hand
- Regularly treat your animals with a flea and tick preventative
- Check your pets for fleas and ticks after a hike or visit to a park, etc.
- Check products that come in pallets for roaches, ants, etc.
- Check yourself after hikes; take off shoes and closely inspect
- Don't bring camping equipment without a good inspection
- Don't leave pet food or other food sources outside at night
- Pick up fallen fruit right away
Keep your home in great condition
When you stay on top of repairs around your home, such as plumbing issues and structural issues, you will be automatically doing something that prevents pests form coming in full-force.
For more information, reach out to pest control companies like Star Pest Control.